• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Should I have a 2nd opioion regarding fillings?

G

geek84

Junior member
Joined
Mar 20, 2013
Messages
1
Hi Folks
Recently when I visited my dentist for a routine check up, he suggested that I need my back teeth filling. However, I cannot see anything wrong with those teeth.
Do you think the dentist is suggesting that I may have problems in the future if I don't have the filling done, or is it a way for him to make more money out of me?
Should I go to another dentist to get a second opinion?

Thanks in advance for your responses.
 
:welcome: to the forum.

This forum is for people that are nervous/phobic about visiting their dentist and getting work done really, but to answer your question.

It depends on how much you trust your dentist, do you think he has your well being at heart?

If you are worried about his advice than get a second opinion, if you are in the UK and getting nhs treatment, I doubt it very much.

You need to discuss this matter with him further.

GOOD LUCK :clover::clover::clover:
 
Back
Top