• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

So worried about deep clean in the morning

S

Sritchie

Hello

I have not been to the dentist in years im scared I am embarrassed of my teeth I have so much tartar and holes, my gums are a mess receeding and swollen and red, I managed to go to a dentist week crying and feeling ashamed she said I need a deep clean before x-rays can be done she said she will numb me and do the bottom first I'm petrified my teeth will come loose and I will be in pain after. Anyone had bad tartar and had a deep clean and was okay after.

Thanks in advance
Sam

Hi Sam,

Well done for going to see a dentist, tell her your fears about your teeth coming loose I'm sure she'll reassure you.
It's great that she's going to numb you for the bottom to be cleaned meaning of course you won't feel anything, your teeth may feel sensitive after but this should be for a short time, it's best to ask your dentist for advice about that.

I have normal hygiene cleaning done (had one last week) without being numbed and it can be a bit sensitive around certain teeth but it soon wears off.
Good luck.

Back