S
scared0902
Well-known member
- Joined
- Jan 23, 2007
- Messages
- 161
I got a Sonicare (ultrasonic toothbrush) at the advice of my dentist because of huge plaque issues despite excellent home care.
A tooth that will be getting a filling on 8/12 hurts hurts when brushed with the Sonicare. The pain doesn't linger or anything.
I can't afford my treatment until my insurance reimburses me for the deep cleaning I just had, so I can't really even move up my treatment. Plus, my dentist only does oral sedation on Thursdays, and 8/12 was the earliest appointment.
Anyway, this has freaked me out as I know the decay was close to the nerve, and there is no way I can afford a root canal right now. (I have a medical credit card that is close to maxed and haven't been able to qualify for anything else. No friends or family to help.)
1. Could the toothbrush be making it worse?
2. Is this pain indicative of a nerve dying?
3. If it is dying, I'm guessing moving the appointment up won't really matter anyway, right?
4. How dangerous would it be to need a root canal and wait three to five months?
Sorry for so many questions!
A tooth that will be getting a filling on 8/12 hurts hurts when brushed with the Sonicare. The pain doesn't linger or anything.
I can't afford my treatment until my insurance reimburses me for the deep cleaning I just had, so I can't really even move up my treatment. Plus, my dentist only does oral sedation on Thursdays, and 8/12 was the earliest appointment.
Anyway, this has freaked me out as I know the decay was close to the nerve, and there is no way I can afford a root canal right now. (I have a medical credit card that is close to maxed and haven't been able to qualify for anything else. No friends or family to help.)
1. Could the toothbrush be making it worse?
2. Is this pain indicative of a nerve dying?
3. If it is dying, I'm guessing moving the appointment up won't really matter anyway, right?
4. How dangerous would it be to need a root canal and wait three to five months?
Sorry for so many questions!
