• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Sore tongue?

R

rosie28

I got a wisdom tooth removed 4 weeks ago and have been experiencing weird things happening the same side with the corresponding molars. I developed a gum infection and all of a sudden had a bigger than usual gap between my two back molars and food was getting more stuck than usual. Now I have tiny burns all over my tongue and I did not burn it whilst eating hot food. I have been using Savacol mouth wash could this have been the cause? The dentist told me to use it in order to clear up my gum infection which is much better now but have an extremely sore tongue all of a sudden. Should I stop using the mouth wash?? What can I do to relieve my tongue?

Last edited:
Definitely stop the mouthwash, if the symptoms on your tongue appeared as you started on it. It could be you're allergic to something in it. Give your dentist a call and ask their advice on an alternative.

It started on day 5 of using the wash but its a very strong wash, dentist told me not to use it for longer than 2 weeks so I was hoping to at least last that time period because it was definitely relieving my gums.

Back