• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Still got pain after having root taken out

P

pinkgirlcraft

A couple of months ago I had the root taken out that was left over from having 2 teeth extracted I am still getting some pain in my cheek around the bottom of the cheek bone area, it isn't really painful but it feels like a dull ache that isn't going away an I get this just about every day, at the dental hospital they said they had got all the root out so I don't know if this is anything to worry about or what it could be.
Am I worrying for nothing and will it just calm down over time or do I need to be telling someone about it :scared:

Helen

Hi Helen,

Your sensations are much more sensitive than whatever means that the dentists have (like X-ray). So if you feel there is something wrong there, it is probably so.
What are the possible diagnoses:
1) maybe the bone is still a bit sharp and it irritates the gums. The dentist has to feel the site with the finger. It is more common after extractions at the lower jaw.
2) Maybe the problem is somewhere else. For example, sometimes with extractions of the upper jaw the floor of the maxillary sinus is hurt and.

In short: What you need is a good diagnose. In order to achieve that the dentist has to do a good investigation (hear your story, observe, make tests, feel with the finger and the most important: an X-ray).

thank you for your answer it is the top at the back I am seeing my dentist next week for an rct so I will have a word with him and see what he wants to do about it.

Helen

Back