• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Still in pain after deep cleaning and bone graft

Y

y_kiki

I had a deep cleaning (scaling and root planing), tooth extraction and bone graft for an implant all in the same appointment 3 days ago. I am still feeling a lot of sensitivity in my teeth and my jaw hurts in the place my tooth was pulled. Am I being a wimp or is it somewhat normal to still be in pain? I have some Lortab for the pain, but I have been taking Advil instead. The Advil works, but I don't want to take it for too much longer.:cry:

Hi :welcome: to the forum.

You had quite a bit of work done so some discomfort and pain is to be expected. It is normal to feel jaw ache and also the other teeth to be a bit achey. As long as the pain meds are working take them as you need them until things settle down, which they will but it may take a couple of weeks gradually getting better. It may feel better sooner which would be good and also normal.

If you are worried or get a really bad pain that the pain meds won't settle then contact the dentist and ask their advice, they would probably have you pop in to have a quick check.

I hope you feel better soon which I am sure you will :butterfly:

Back