• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Still worried about Tooth Extraction Site and healing

P

pharaohsketches

Hi All,

I posted here before about having had a tooth pulled. I had a check up with a dentist a week ago today and she thought I was healing slowly (I have a poor immune system) but overall fine, no infection or anything. During that time there was white tissue in my socket and I'd heard that was all normal. Now, nearly 3 weeks after having it pulled, the socket looks read again. I can see the gums inside the socket going together in photos, but they're dark pink/reddish. Is this normal for new gums? Should I go back to the dentist? I'm very anxious about this and any advice would be welcome.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-02-14 at 6.21.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-14 at 6.21.41 PM.png
    409.3 KB · Views: 11
here is a much clearer photo, the tissue looks like it's healing but I can't find a source that says it should be this hot pink....

Attachments

• toothhole.jpg
    toothhole.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 15
It looks fine. It's pink because there are lots of blood cells, immune cells and osteocytes in there working away busily :)

It looks better than mine did at 3 weeks! Mine didn't look like that until 4 weeks.

Thank you guys! Very much a relief to hear and has calmed me down :)

Back