• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Stressing big time over molar extraction - how long does it take?

R

robg128

Hi Everyone - my big day is drawing closer (Thursday) for molar extraction. Stressing out big time - even with all the advise on here, it still worrisome. I am just curious, once they have you all numb up, how long does it take to extract a molar? Can't be much more than 10 minutes right? If so, I sure am worrying a lot about a 10 minute event in my life. That is like 2-3 songs on the radio. Just trying to put this in proper perspective.

I apologize for so many posts over 1 tooth

Thanks

I had my top back molar extracted this morning. I was sedated for it, but my dentist told me it only took about ten minutes to extract the tooth. My mom had one removed a while back and hers took about 15 minutes and that was with two teeth being removed.

I had a second molar extracted, it took a minute to get it out.

That is very encouraging - can i ask what they used to sedate you?

I had my top back molar extracted this morning. I was sedated for it, but my dentist told me it only took about ten minutes to extract the tooth. My mom had one removed a while back and hers took about 15 minutes and that was with two teeth being removed.

Silly me - I forgot ask how your doing. Are you feel ok? Congrats on being brave

They used conscious sedation with an IV. The hardest part is just being prepped since you're waiting for it to start, but even that went quickly.

I'm feeling great. No pain. I've had no issues or anything. You'll be fine when you get yours pulled. A lot of it is just your mind making it worse than what it is. I was in the same boat and I was really scared. Instead of stressing I wish I would of got mine pulled sooner.

I would highly suggest trying conscious sedation if possible.

I had all 4 wisdom teeth extracted in one session and the procedure (after being numberd up) took about 5 minutes. I mean really - after 5 minutes they were all out.

So if it's possible to get all 4 wisdom teeth out in 5 minutes, than chances are that your molar will be out before you even noticed they started. :)

Good luck for tomorrow and keep us posted.

I can completely understand why you're worrying, but I'm sure you'll be absolutely fine :) I had a molar extracted four years ago, and it was out in a couple of minutes. Honestly, I reckon it'll be much quicker and easier than you're imagining, thinking about you xxx

I’m having 4 taken out tomorrow and I’m terrified. My dentist said I.T is really nothing to stress over and if I got through my twpnroot canals I’ll be fine. I feel like it’ll take hours.

Hey robg, good luck today. Look forward to your success story :)

Back