• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

teeth impressions with bonded teeth

F

falls07

Hello. I am extremely terrified to get teeth impressions done. My two front teeth are bonded half way down. I’m so scared that when they do the impressions it will remove all the bonding. I have to have impressions made to get retainers. I’m also scared that the retainers will remove the bonding. With all the stress being put on my teeth won’t the bonding come off? Please help. I’m so nervous and I have to be awake when they do this.

Thank you

So sorry to hear you are worried, i am not a dentist however have had impressions recently, I was quite surprised when I had my latest impression that the impression was easy to come away, it wasn’t left so it was difficult to remove, it came a way quite easily. Perhaps their are different types of impressions that can be done to suit your situation. I would go along to your appointment and discuss your fears, I’m sure your dentist will put your mind at rest.They will not do anything you are unhappy with.

You're worrying over nothing, there isn't a chance that the impressions will damage the bonding in any way shape of form.
The retainers won't affect the bonding either.

I will say that I bet most of us have had the same fear about impressions causing teeth/fillings/crowns/etc to come out. I have had impressions done so many times now and now have implants. Even though I know it won’t happen, when I had impressions done a few weeks ago for a crown, I still had the fear that it would pull my front tooth implant crown out. Don’t feel dumb…we all have had that fear, irrational or not. Don’t worry, like Gordon said, it won’t happen.

Thank you everyone for responding. I really appreciate it. Hearing your responses is making me feel a lot better. Thanks. :)

Back