• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Terrified, bleeding from gum around 1 tooth. Only there.

W

WorriedTeen221

Hi guys, im a bit scared here. I wouldn't say I have the best teeth or oral health, slightly stained teeth, crowded and some crooked teeth. Brush 3 times a day though but drink a lot of coffee and sugary drinks. Anyway, the past two days my gum around 1 tooth has been randomly bleeding. It most commonly happens when I make a sucking motion with my mouth like to spit to suck from a straw. I can usually brush my teeth, spit out and have this start a minute later. Clears within a minute or so and I can see where it is happening from. My bottom line of teeth are a bid crowded and the area where it is actually has 4 teeth around it in a circular type layout. ill try do a little diagram.

|
| o |
|

Where the circle is is the spot where the cut I will call it is. It's a little area that looks a bit bloody like a cut or scab. The circle is also along my normal gum line say, and the teeth either side of it are nnormal, but the one in front is a baby tooth that never fell out and the one behind is an adult tooth that grew back there. When I actuall brush around the tooth and gum gently and mouthwash with listerine it doesn't actually bleed I found. Could it be that it's a bit infected? I did notice it after I crunched down on some horrible tayto crisps that were hard and pointy, bad batch of them. Anyways im terrified its cancer or something horrible like that. I always think the worst with these things so advice and comfort is appreciated :)

Hi usually when gums bleed it means that they have slight pockets. The gums should be up against the teeth it sounds like your gum has gone a bit soft allowing a pocket to be there. I would brush the area to toughen the gum back up.

I would also go and see your dentist and get them to have a look to give you the correct advice after being able to see it.

Hey thanks for the reply, normally I could see around the tooth but its literally like a gap between two teeth but a tooth either side of it going the other way if that makes sense. It's like a cut because it looks a big bloody constantly but no pain at all. Warm saltwater gargle earlier seemed to help as it was randomly bleeding. Brushed and mouthwashed after with no bleeding either. Going to try that for a week and see if it helps. Will need to save a lot of money for dentail work unfortunately :( No other gums in my mouth bleed either when brushed or look swollen from what I can see, but I do have tartar or plaquee around a few teeth bases.

It actually seems that it's any type of suction in the mouth eg spitting a lot that will set it off?

Back