• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Terrified I will lose my teeth.

  • Thread starter Thread starter FreyaMay
  • Start date Start date
F

FreyaMay

Junior member
Joined
Oct 20, 2014
Messages
2
I struggle with severe depression brought on my the state of my teeth. I have visited the dentist every 6 months for my entire life, I brush twice a day, floss and use mouthwash. I must admit I only started flossing about 6 months ago.

I have fillings in 13 teeth, and have been told I need 6 more - though on seeking a second opinion I was told that those teeth were showing inactive decay so I didn't need work yet.

I am going to have a tooth taken out in the next few days and am just terrified. I already have one crowned tooth and other teeth have huge fillings that make up around 80% of the tooth. I am obsessed with looking at my teeth and have noticed thick white lesions around the gum line of 4 of them.

I am only 26 and am terrified I will have to have all my teeth removed in the next few years. I can't understand what is going wrong. I have an illness, cyclic vomiting syndrome, which is caused by my stress and I do vomit almost daily. I admitted this at my last check up and the dentist said she had seen the signs for years but they don't bring it up unless you do.

I am in constant pain and have had to give up work as I often cannot go outside due to the fear of having all my teeth removed. The dental work I have had done is amazing, my teeth look fine ... it is just the fillings usually last about 6-12 months before they are taken out and a larger one is drilled in.

Does anyone have any advice/can provide support for a similar issue?

:cry:
 
After posting this one of my recent fillings broke this afternoon. I haven't stopped crying. I don't know what to do anymore!
 
Back
Top