• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Thank you

B

bookgirl1025

Hello all
I just wanted to say thank you to this forums members. I just had my first dentists visit in five years, and I might not have made the appointment if it hadnt been for the time I spent lurking on these message boards. I was deeply ashamed and embarrassed by how badly I’d neglected my teeth, and reading the posts and knowing I wasn’t alone in this really helped me break the cycle I was in. It’s always better to go now rather than later, and it probably wont be as bad as you think it’s going to be.
I was positive they were going to tell me I needed multiple extractions. As it stands I only need one root canal and a few fillings, which may not have been the case six months from now.
So thank you! This site really makes a difference.

Well done!! It must be a huge relief for you to have got the initial appointment of the way. You'll do fine at the next appointment. Give yourself a big pat on the back x

What a lovely post, bookgirl1025 and you signed in to let us know this! :thankyou: thank you so much! And well done on going. The first appointment is the most stressful one and I know it took so much courage for you to do this step, very well done! With lurking here or without, you went and you did great and now you're back to dental care, that's just beautiful to read :love:
If your nerves ever play crazy before the next appointments, you know where to find us to get some reassurance:)