H
HMB
Member
- Joined
- Mar 23, 2024
- Messages
- 24
- Location
- Northants
My most recent visit to the dentist (end of March) revealed that I have shadow beneath my ll7 that I am told indicates an abscess. I was given the option of an extraction or RCT. After a lot of deliberation and asking a range of questions of my dentist, I have opted for RCT, and have an appointment in two weeks' time.
However my teeth are acting really strangely. Some days I have no pain in the lower left at all, and then on other days, pain is present but not always seeming to come from ll7. I also have an issue with ul7, which the dentist says has a poor prognosis (although I'm not sure how poor that is).
Is there a reason why the pain / non pain experience might be so random? on the non pain days I think I should just cancel the appointment for the RCT. Also, if I have the RCT, but the equivalent top tooth needs to come out, will that mean the RCT is pointless as it will need to be removed as well owing to super-eruption? I am worried to the point of not sleeping that I have made the wrong decision to go for RCT, but I can't face having the extraction, which feels to be a far more extreme (if less expensive) option.
However my teeth are acting really strangely. Some days I have no pain in the lower left at all, and then on other days, pain is present but not always seeming to come from ll7. I also have an issue with ul7, which the dentist says has a poor prognosis (although I'm not sure how poor that is).
Is there a reason why the pain / non pain experience might be so random? on the non pain days I think I should just cancel the appointment for the RCT. Also, if I have the RCT, but the equivalent top tooth needs to come out, will that mean the RCT is pointless as it will need to be removed as well owing to super-eruption? I am worried to the point of not sleeping that I have made the wrong decision to go for RCT, but I can't face having the extraction, which feels to be a far more extreme (if less expensive) option.
