• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Today is e-day and I'm scared AF and confused

C

coffeeandpain

I'm scheduled for full upper extractions in four hours and I'm sitting here, freaking out. I guess freaking out is putting it lightly. I'm more like full blown panic attack crying lmao. Also the entire plan changed yesterday so I feel VERY under prepared and just not okay.

See, in my head, and from all my understanding... I was getting full upper and lower removed. That was the plan -- even the surgeon dentist had said that was best in my case. But as I went for impressions and saw the general dentist, somehow that plan changed??? I don't know but it went from.full mouth to only my uppers being extracted and two teeth from the lower? It makes no sense to me, because now I'll have an immediate upper denture and literally ONLY three teeth on the bottom with no immediate or partial ready to go.

This feels so... I don't know. How is there no plan for my lower teeth?! I realize these are questions I should ask at the office and not here, haha, but I'm just venting. I'm thirsty, I'm hungry, my extraction is at 1 so I can't have anything to eat or drink and I am so scared.

A part of me wants to cancel because hello -- what about my lower teeth?! But let's be honest, my upper teeth are in such horrible condition and I am in SO MUCH PAIN (plus there is white spots on my gums) that it would probably be a good idea to get this infection out of my mouth anyway, right?

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhheuwoahgrjqerdhbfsd

First off I know how scared you must be+plans changing are not good esp if they know your anxious question is if you cancel would you have a really long wait for another appointment? Surely the infection should have been cleared up before they operate,not sure why they'd go ahead if your still in pain?

That change of plans last minute would definately throw me off . It also sounds like you had prepared yourself and were at least ready to put your best food forward with what you had in mind as hard as it would be.. but last minute changes you didn't know about without much explanation. I'd honestly probably put it off myself until things were explained further and felt a peace about it. With no plan for the lowers and things changed up, would surely trigger anxiety. I'm sorry this is happening like this..Do what is right for you and your peace of mind and not just to go along with the plan. Ask questions , you deserve answers , they are your teeth and you are worth it!!

For me? I personally would have to have a sit down and a plan I’m comfortable in place. Are you on antibiotics for the infection? And I agree with tazey, would it really be that much longer. All I know is for me from now on I’m sitting them down and getting a plan I’m comfortable with in place and all my questions answered to my satisfaction before I open my mouth to anyone. Wishing you the best try and relax a bit nothing can it will happen unless your ok with it it’s your mouth and your in control. Hugs!

Hi,

Changing a treatment plan should be done in discussion and agreement with the patient. I think this is a good reason enough to ask directly via the phone or email.

Hey, I had 9 upper extractions on Tuesday and I thought I was gonna die!!!! But guess what, im still here and it was easy compared to the stress and anxiety I had put myself through before hand. I nearly jumped out of the dentist chair just before they were gonna start. I promise it isn't as bad as you have yourself thinking it is and honestly trust your dentist they will get you through it!!! feel free to ask me any questions. Good luck youll be great :)