• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Tomorrows the big day

  • Thread starter Thread starter 2scaredforwords
  • Start date Start date
2

2scaredforwords

Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2011
Messages
41
I wanted to ask I am going to a dental practice tomorrow that does work under sedation. The way I am understanding it( but could be wrong) that this dentist is going to be able to extract all of my teeth and I wont need to see an OS, Is this right? I finally found a dentist who offers sedation and is understanding of phobias, I definately do not want a set back now. Tomorrow is my first appointment with them. The receptionist on the phone was so nice, kind of gave me a good vibe. I just dont want to be dentist shopping. I am driving 40+ miles to get there just because of the commercial i seen on tv. I know sounds stupid.
Anyway I didnt know if a general dentist could extract teeth that were broken to the gumline?
Just wanted a dentists or anyones experience and advice. Thanks
 
If you are in the UK, general dentists can usually extract all teeth except occasionally wisdom teeth which they might refer to an oral surgeon at a hospital.

Are you sure your teeth cannot be saved with restorative dentistry though which could also be done under i/v sedation?
 
Back
Top