• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Well tomorrows the day

  • Thread starter Thread starter swampiesue
  • Start date Start date
S

swampiesue

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 10, 2009
Messages
300
Hi all tomorrow I go to see the restorative dentist, I can't say I am not terrified of what will happen and whether or not they will be able to help. All I do know I is I have a lot of hope holding on this as all my teeth and bite seem to be out now after many adjustments to both of my bridges. Oh why the hell did I not stick with the gap and my life would have been so much better and comfortable.

Please don't let my experience scare you in the past I have had many positive dental experiences seems I have just been very unlucky this time*:'(
 
Well remember - get your money's worth - ask everything you want and need to. I'm keeping everything crossed that they will agree to sort your bite out once and for all.
 
Hi swampiesue,
Best wishes tomorrow! Don't forget that even in a professional industry, you (the patient) are still the customer. The dentist is providing a service to you, so you must be satisfied with what products and services they have to offer.
Good Luck!
 
Hi all well the consultation was just that, a NHS consultation who was there to look at the problem and write back to my dentist. he found it difficult to see what had been going on because of all the alterations to my bridges. I am not sure exactly what has been suggested as my mind was a blur. I need a bridge done that is comfortable to put my bite in position I feel comfortable with it might mean doing it in stages not sure exactly what is meant by that metal first then porcelain added later I think was mentioned, even a gold crown at the back of the bridge..I think or did he mean just a cold crown??

The grinding down of both bridges has made my bite erratic and slide all over the place, so where as my problems were originally caused by the new bridge I had fitted. Which was too high, probably due to lack of space caused me pain. Now that is ground down to nothing more or less and is only a temp. My bite is biting down unevenly on my old bridge that has been considerably altered and is causing pain that side too. I need something to stablise my bite and hold it in place otherwise every time I eat it's a night mare and is even causing pain in my bottom molar, at the back, not right at the back as those are missing. I don't think that bridge can be removed because of the post that is through the canine, it could be but he is not sure... bit confused there, think he might be say yes but you might lose the tooth....and your bridge.:-?

So it is back to my dentist, the consultant should have written to him by about two weeks when I have to phone up and see whats going on. They don't do work at the hospital only for cancer patients.

I am so depressed I know if this works it is going to be a long journey still and meanwhile I have to pray the nerves in my teeth an my mind can hold out.

I would appreciate any offers of advice from any dental processionals that can offer me any and I mean ANY help or understanding of all this or and words of encouragement on what to expect over the coming weeks or even months I expect ...I am so confused, I try to take it all in but have a very short term memory and have problems absorbing information. I took My husband in but He only picked up on parts of it, mainly that the cusps of my teeth were no longer there and my teeth were all over the place which I know already.
 
Last edited:
I can only offer you words of encouragement as I am not a dentist. I think you should tell your dentists any concerns as that is what they are also there for. Tell him/her that you want to be in the know about everything that has been discussed or even get a written copy so you can read it at home.

I don't know how things will be for you in the coming weeks in terms of pain and what they will do to sort out your bite. What I do know is to keep something positive in your mind however big or small, if this is not possible then eat or play or even watch something that you enjoy everyday and look forward to something positive each day as this will help you to have a positive outcome.

Hope this helped.
 
Thank you for your kind words of encouragement, I am trying so hard to try and think positivity but after 10 months now of things going from Bad to Worse I am finding it hard. If I could turn the clocks back I would but guess I just have to try and get on with the next two weeks the best I can and see what the dentist has to say. I think the getting a copy of the consultants report for me to read at home is an excellent Idea.

I would still love to hear from any of the dentists who can shed any light on my situation please. I am still concerned about those nerves... despite cold and sometimes hot sensitivity there is no pain from percussion. Nothing that makes me jump, just the odd dull ache now and again which could be anything.

The bridge was far to high due to occlusional space I think may be the key... but now the bridge on the other side has been lowered won't make the occlusional space even less and WHAT is the answer... PS I am a NHS patient on limited income, so where as I assume cubic zirconium( is that right ) might work it is not really an option. If I don't get the bridge restored my bite on the other side will never be stable again...God this is getting technical HELP :o what are the answer without me looking like metal micky.
 
Last edited:

Similar threads

Back
Top