• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Too young

S

strebber

Hi there everyone, I'm posting this because I'm incredibly scared of going to the dentist tomorrow. I made an appointment for tuesday already, but I'm going to try to get an earlier time because another one of my teeth broke. I have so many chipped or broken teeth that I'm just dreading what the dentist will say. I'm only 25 and the idea of having most of my teeth extracted is making me want to crawl in a hole. Not to mention telling my parents. Even though they have insurance they will most likely be shelling out most of the money for this. I'm too young for this. Just hoping to find some people to talk to. :shame:

You're not alone in the youngness catagory. There's several people that have had to get a lot of dental work done in their mid 20's. I got my partial dentures earlier in the year at age 25(just turned 26 2 months ago). Severe dental phobia brought on by being papoosed at age 4 for a lot of dental work causing me to avoid the dentist for years plus bad genetics did me in. Got my partials in may, skipped my cleaning that I should of gone in for on the 10th, and barely wear the partials at the moment.

However, you never know. Some people went in thinking the worst but wound up getting off easy as far as work goes.

What did your dentist say? From what I've read online broken teeth can be repaired by many methods and extraction is the very last resort.

It didn't go as bad as I thought it would. I need lots of fillings and about 4 root canals. Also have to have another two redone because my last dentist was terrible and is basically the reason I dreaded going. I'm still not super happy, but I'm ready to get it over with just so I can move on with my life. Only 2 necessary extractions. Plus wisdom teeth, but I saw that coming.

I'm glad it went better than you expected.:)

Back