A
angelmilano
Junior member
- Joined
- Jan 14, 2013
- Messages
- 1
Hi,
I wonder if someone could help... last year I had a tooth removed and a couple of months ago I noticed a white lump on my gum. I went to the dentist and this was more tooth growing through. My dentist removed this tooth and also the root associated with it. She had major problems removing the root as it wouldn't come out. After 4 injections and 2 cuts into my gum she removed the root, which has become joined to another root.
The bleeding after this extraction took several hours to stop, even with applying lots of pressure. I was in complete agony after the extraction and this agony has not subsided at all. I went back to the dentist the day after the extraction and she cleaned the area and put on a paste and dressing that she said would dissolve over a few days (tasting awful too!) and she gave me 3 days of antibiotics in case it had an a infection. I have now finished these.
The pain is still as severe as it was after it was extracted and i have been taking paracetamol and ibuprofen every 4 hours for a week now. Neither seems to touch the pain. I also have ear ache which I assume is from this too. I have attached a photo of what it looks like now.
Can anyone advise? Should I be worried?

I wonder if someone could help... last year I had a tooth removed and a couple of months ago I noticed a white lump on my gum. I went to the dentist and this was more tooth growing through. My dentist removed this tooth and also the root associated with it. She had major problems removing the root as it wouldn't come out. After 4 injections and 2 cuts into my gum she removed the root, which has become joined to another root.
The bleeding after this extraction took several hours to stop, even with applying lots of pressure. I was in complete agony after the extraction and this agony has not subsided at all. I went back to the dentist the day after the extraction and she cleaned the area and put on a paste and dressing that she said would dissolve over a few days (tasting awful too!) and she gave me 3 days of antibiotics in case it had an a infection. I have now finished these.
The pain is still as severe as it was after it was extracted and i have been taking paracetamol and ibuprofen every 4 hours for a week now. Neither seems to touch the pain. I also have ear ache which I assume is from this too. I have attached a photo of what it looks like now.
Can anyone advise? Should I be worried?
