• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

tooth broken off at the gum line....

• Thread starter littlegirldaisy
  • Start date
L

littlegirldaisy

heyyy there okay so here it goes :( I'm a complete dental pheobic
I can't even think about the dentist with out breaking down into tears,
for a few years now iv had 2 broken teeth broken off at the gym
line on each side
at the upper back of my mouth last few months iv had dental abccess twice
iv been putting it off and off but obviously something has to be done now as i cannot
continue like this with reoccurring toothaches and discomfort when eating
obviously the tooth that's broken wil have to extracted will I have to have dental surgery?
how bad will it be I'm freaking out my first appointment with the dentist is next Friday.

line on each side
iv been putting it off and off but obviously something has to be done now as i cannot
obviously the tooth that's broken wil have to extracted will I have to have dental surgery?
how bad will it be I'm freaking out my first appointment with the dentist is next Friday.

I'm not a dentist, but I believe if they have nothing to grab hold of to pull it out, they will have to remove it surgically

I've just had two teeth out in the last month, I was extremely scared before I had the first one out but it went very well, it all went very quickly and after months of worry and pain I thought "god why did I put myself through that"

In reality the pain and worry you put yourself through by not going to the dentist is a million times worse than actually having the treatment done (which is pretty quick and pain free)

Its great you're thinking about going to the dentist and just try and imagine how wonderful, brave and happy you will feel when all your treatment is over :)

line on each side

and also how long will it take thanks :(

Back