• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Tooth extracted 10 days ago still in severe pain!

B

brookevale

Hi,

I had an upper molar removed 10 days ago. Prior to that I was in constant pain for 3 months. Had root canal. Dentists couldn't figure out why I was still in severe pain. By the way, it was under a 16 year old crowned tooth. Finally, to get relief I had the tooth extracted. Now I am still in pain. The site is throbbing. I have pain in my ear and sinus on that side. I went to the oral surgeon today and they said I didn't have an infection and the site looked great. So, I am losing my mind. I must say that 27 months ago I was severely damaged by Levaquin (fluoroquinolone toxicity). It attacked my tendons/connective tissue, gave me bodywide neuropathy, and central nervous system issues. So, I know it's got something to do with that as everything bothers me since this happened. But, this pain is disabling me. Since the fluoroquinolone toxicity I cannot take NSAIDs (one ibuprofen will have me in the bathroom for a week), narcotic pain meds kill my stomach, and need to be careful with tylenol. So, I am truly suffering here. :cry:

Extraction site has gotten better but now I have a piercing sinus and forehead headache. I never get these ever.

Back