• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Tooth extraction - Clot appears to be green?

T

Tooth Ouch

Hi all,

I had two teeth extracted a couple of days ago, and had to return yesterday as the one clot was far too big, and bleeding hadn't stopped. I also had a very bad night fever (the night before last, and last night). My dentist applied some stitching, and allowed a new clot to form. They also added in something to help aid the clot in forming, as well as some form of antiseptic.

I noticed a weird feeling on the outside of my gum, and upon further inspection, there is some kind of white growth on the gum near the site that formed the oversized clot.

When looking at the photo, I also noticed that the 'clot' appears to be almost green in color. I'm 99% sure that this is an infection, but I just wanted some advice before I made a 3rd appointment for this.

f2f3520f-2a9e-4260-aaf1-cf05e1082b36.jpg

I'm not on any form of antibiotics for this, which is quite worrying.

Thanks in advance!

Looks like normal granulation tissue to me, I would not prescribe antibiotics for this.

Back