• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Tooth Hurts a Week After Filling

  • Thread starter Thread starter Gemtanis
  • Start date Start date
G

Gemtanis

Junior member
Joined
Oct 9, 2023
Messages
3
Location
Midwest
One week ago today, I had a deep filling on a lower right molar. For past fillings, the pain associated with the procedure went away within a few hours. I'm one week out, and the tooth is quite sensitive and hurts to the point where it's painful to chew on that side. Is this a sign the tooth needs a root canal?
 
Maybe. Hard to tell without seeing you. Call your dentist.
 
@Gemtanis. I had this 3 years ago , I don’t want to say you have the same issue but my dentist deep filled my tooth ( wish I had a crown now ). Many months later I waited for an extraction which is next month . The then dentist didn’t remove all the decay from my tooth , since it has been filled it’s never felt right , my left side of my face swelled up at Christmas I ended missing Christmas thanks to the tooth . So I advise you to get it checked out asap. Good luck x.
 
Back
Top