• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Tooth throbing and feeling sick

M

mermaidzen

I need some advice. Had tooth out last thursday and had a bit of pain since that has not really gone but more from tooth next to kit.

Anyway today I am getting pain from the socket a bitter taste whenever I swallow and feel really sick and shacky. I had a cup cake at church Sunday and although I tried hard to keep the crumbs from the socket a few did get in and I was unable to rinse till got home, when I did rinse with salt water. I am now worried that because of that I have got an infection.

I am due to go back on Thursday for a check up will I be OK waiting or should I try and see the dentist tomorrow. I am still rinsing a few times a day with the salt water and trying hard not to get any food in the socket.

Hope someone can help I feel really sick today and each time I swallow it makes me feel worse

Last edited:
If you feel things have taken a turn for the worse or that something is wrong, then sure, do see your dentist earlier. It doesn't sound like dry socket though :).

Would much rather wait and know I will see my dentist then go down as an emergany and see any of them.

Just worrying that if it is an infection or something silly like that could make things worse.

Well back from dentist. Socket not healing as well as he would have liked. Still an open hole which he can see inside. He has packed it with antiseptic guaze which has left a nasty taste in my mouth and to go back Monday so he can pack it again. (Does this mean I have a dry socket or is it something else)

I have a quick question he told me to be careful of it as there was northing holding it in place then said something about rinsing but can remember what. Am I ment to still be rinsing or should I stop because of the guaze falling out if I do.

I am aslo being refered to the hospital so they can remove the last few bits of the roots. Wount that mean that I will get this hole healed and then they will open it back up.

Thanks for all you help and advice so far

Zen

Back