• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Upper Wisdom Teeth Extractions - had it done 2 hours a go.

uk23

uk23

Wisdom teeth being removed and bits falling off

This is my first post here and I hope it's ok to post in this forum.

I have severe OCD and was unable to brush my teeth for two years, now I do brush at least twice a day and mouthwash but the damage that caused needs to be fixed.

I saw my dentist and he said that most of the teeth are fine and but the three wisdom teeth need to be removed (tops and lower left) as they are decayed.

I have been waiting for five months for the procedure and it's now getting closer (Friday) so I am totally panicing. To make me more anxious last night a bit of my tooth fell off - it was black and white and had a texture like hard chalk. I think there is now a nerve exposed. I have an appoinment to see the dentist about this tomorrow but it's a tooth that is meant to be coming out anyway.

So my real question is...i'm not really sure but i'm just hoping someone can calm me down a bit. I have worked with my Psychologist about this fear and my OCD (germaphobe) and made some progress but the whole procedure makes me terrified.

Btw, they want to take one partially erupted tooth out on Friday and then the two remaining teeth out on Monday. I opted for a local.

If you have read this far then thank you, my anxiety rambles often make little sense :hmm:

Re: Wisdom teeth being removed and bits falling off

Hello..

I Dont Have Any Answers To Your Question But I Do Understand How Your Feeling.. I Suffer With OCD Also Aswell As Severe Anxiety..!! Sometimes I Dont Think People Realise That When They Are Worried About Something.. It Mounts Up To A Lot More When You Have These Sorts Of Issues.. Sorry I Cant Be Of Any Real Help.. But I Hope You Feel Better & Im Sure You Will Do Fine.. :) x

Laura..x

Hello,

I was meant to have them taken out on Friday but chickened out and spent the day crying, so I spent the weekend working myself up to it, oh and I also gave up smoking on Friday.

Anyway I went a long to day and had the top two taken out. I was slightly painful at the time and now the injections are wearing off it does hurt however I managed to do it. I am pretty proud of myself.

All I have to say about the actual procedure is it isnt that bad, if I had known what it was like before having it done then I would not have been anxious.

Anyway if anyone has any questions please message me or ask away.

Well done and congrats.

:jump::jump:

I am so happy that you got this done. Congrats for not backing out! :jump::jump::jump::jump:

I have my first extractions(2 molars and one wisdom) on Friday, and I'm trying to feel better about it too.

Back