• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Valplast partial issues and question

N

nchappynurse

Hi,

I had two Valplast partials (upper and lower) placed Wednesday. I went back Thursday for an adjustment as the gum line was way to long on the top one (at the time I didn't notice an area on the lower one that was the same). In comparison to my previous partial, the gum line was 1/4 inch longer on the upper and now I find on the lower.

My husband has a dremmel and says he can cut it down for me as the dentist does not reopen until Tuesday if next week and I need to wear it! It is so painful when I have it in as it is currently. Has anybody adjusted Valpalst partials themselves at home? If so, do you have any tips on what accessory to buy or what dremmel tool to use?

Also, I have heard if you put Valplast in hot water and put in back in your mouth, it will help as well on reforming the way it needs to. Has anyone tried this with success? I'm thinking that probably wouldn't help on the length of the gum line though?!

Thanks for any feedback and input!

I do not have them yet but my brother does. He is very happy with his and said that he can just run it under hot water to make it fit correctly.

Aside from your question, how do you like yours? I am about to meet with my dentist about this and have been doing a lot of research but still undecided.

My dentist encourages me,to come into the office to do adjustments as things settle down, I have found running warmer water over the partial helps to get it placed in very comfortably. I am going to let them do the actual adjustments just in case I would tear them up, that wouldn’t be covered. Lol so,I’m leaving that to them. Think this is all just a learning process. At least It is for me :)!

Valplast is a thermal plastic so doesn't cut easily. Has a strong tendency to melt at the edges. I would wait for the dentist. Also if your husband takes away too much there is no way to add it back on. You get a new one instead

Back