• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Vertical bone loss

  • Thread starter Thread starter Niamh5
  • Start date Start date
N

Niamh5

Junior member
Joined
Mar 2, 2026
Messages
1
Location
Manchester
Hi,

I went to the dentist last week and can’t stop going through what they told me. They tested my front gums and said they were 2s (I don’t know what that means) and said I don’t have gum disease. But then on my x-rays she said I had mild vertical bone loss only on the left side of my mouth top and bottom. I asked multiple times if I had gum disease and she continually said no but from everything I have read online it says I must have advanced periodontitis to get vertical bone loss. She suggested a scale and polish to keep the small pockets clean but didn’t say it was crucial.

Is there another thing that could be causing my bone loss as I am terrified of periodontal disease.

Thanks
 
I think you need to ask your dentist to clarify what they mean. To answer properly I'd need a lot more information, some of which you probably don't want to post in public.

However, if only a scale is required then it's extremely unlikely that there is any periodontal disease going on, so try not to worry about it.
 
Back
Top