• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Very tiny abcess has be scared to death!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter nienna777
  • Start date Start date
N

nienna777

Junior member
Joined
Mar 9, 2014
Messages
1
So obviously google can be extremely helpful... or evil. In this case, it was both.

I have a very, VERY tiny abcess, not near my teeth, but at the very top of my gums. It's not round either, like I've seen, but a very thin strip maybe 1/16 inch long, maybe less. There's virtually no pain, no swelling, it's just a bit sore to the touch. I honestly think it's just due to irritation to the gums, not a tooth infection.

Yet, when I read what they have to say on google, it's terrifying!!! Sure, they gave me great ideas for natural herbal ways to help treat it, but the doom and gloom side of it has me pretty freaked.

I'm not ready for the dental implants I've been told to get by a specialist already, even with payments it's just too expensive right now. Can I rely on home remedies to buy myself more time??
 
Hi :welcome: to the forum.

You cannot treat this yourself properly. Maybe it might be a good idea to have a word with your dentist on the best way to delay having to have your teeth out. Also a second opinion might be a good idea before you have your teeth extracted and implants put in.

If you did need to have your teeth removed could you afford a denture until you could save up for implants. I know that they are considered the best thing to do but if finance is a problem plenty of people manage quite well with dentures and never have implants.

You can still have implants at a later date when you could afford it, if you decided to.

I really think you should see a dentist with what ever it is on your gum, it doesn't sound like an abscess. I am not a dentist though so don't take my word. I have had abscesses and mine were nothing like your gum problem.

All the best to you :)
 
Back
Top