M
Meli1
Junior member
- Joined
- Mar 8, 2014
- Messages
- 2
So I avoid the dentist. I had traumatic experiences as a child, having suffered a cycling accident (which I don't recall thanks to the concussion), where I landed on my face and had to have a large amount of reconstruction done to my upper jaw. As a result, avoidance.
So about a month ago I noticed my upper right wisdom tooth felt sharp through the middle. I think I knew it was cracked but was in full denial mode. About 3 weeks ago my entire upper right side of my mouth was hurting. Still denial mode. When I got into full trigeminal nerve pain (tingling in my face, pain radiating to my ear), I confided in an ER doctor I work with who gave me antibiotics and told me to see a dentist. Turns out I had shattered my wisdom tooth and it was horribly infected. After a few days on the antibiotics the pain subsided a large amount. I went to the dentist on Feb 25th and had it removed with only local anesthetic, which was terrifying, and thought all was well. Until now...
I have pain since the extraction, mostly just a minor ache. I only used pain meds for the first few days. I did see the dentist again on March 2nd, and was told it looked good. But today this yellow stringy thing is now hanging from it and the pain is in full force. Almost as bad as before the antibiotics. Is it normal to have so much pain when the scab falls off (if this is even the scab....)? Especially 10 days after extraction? Was I not on antibiotics long enough? I had a 1 week course of calvulin/amoxicillin that ended 2 days after the extraction. I really don't want to go back to the dentist if this is normal... (Im in denial mode again)
So about a month ago I noticed my upper right wisdom tooth felt sharp through the middle. I think I knew it was cracked but was in full denial mode. About 3 weeks ago my entire upper right side of my mouth was hurting. Still denial mode. When I got into full trigeminal nerve pain (tingling in my face, pain radiating to my ear), I confided in an ER doctor I work with who gave me antibiotics and told me to see a dentist. Turns out I had shattered my wisdom tooth and it was horribly infected. After a few days on the antibiotics the pain subsided a large amount. I went to the dentist on Feb 25th and had it removed with only local anesthetic, which was terrifying, and thought all was well. Until now...
I have pain since the extraction, mostly just a minor ache. I only used pain meds for the first few days. I did see the dentist again on March 2nd, and was told it looked good. But today this yellow stringy thing is now hanging from it and the pain is in full force. Almost as bad as before the antibiotics. Is it normal to have so much pain when the scab falls off (if this is even the scab....)? Especially 10 days after extraction? Was I not on antibiotics long enough? I had a 1 week course of calvulin/amoxicillin that ended 2 days after the extraction. I really don't want to go back to the dentist if this is normal... (Im in denial mode again)