• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Freaking out after wisdom tooth surgery

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ben
  • Start date Start date
B

Ben

Junior member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1
Hey everyone this is my first post so if I break any rules or anything that's why.

On Friday (7/29) I got all 4 wisdom teeth removed with concious iv sedation. The procedure went great and before I knew it I was in my bed sleeping with guaze in my mouth. I woke up later that night and was an idiot so I stayed up till 3am... The next day (day 1 after surgery) I was super tired and out of it so I didn't do much. Yesterday the pain seemed to get worse and also this terrible taste is in my mouth and I can't seem to get rid of it. This morning I called the dentist and asked if it was normal to have this bad taste and he said yes and also said that the pain should be worst today(3rd day after). Im kinda freaking out because:

1.) Terrible taste in mouth
2.) pain is seeming to get worse and is radiating
3.) can't stand eating only jell o, yogurt.
4.) can barler open mouth
5.) have not taken a shit since before the surgery (3 days ago)
 
Hi welcome, I am not a dentist so this is just my opinion

1. This is normal try to drink tasty drinks, are you brushing yet being gentle near the extraction. Even if you can only open your mouth a bit do the front teeth.

2. Take pain meds to keep the pain from building up as often as the pack says you can.

3. https://www.dentalfearcentral.org/faq/soft-foods/

4. This is normal and will ease as the week goes on, it is because the mouth has been open for the extractions.

5. No eaty no phoopy

I hope this helps you if you are worried then the best person to contact is always the dentist that preformed the extractions. Everything sounds normal at the moment you could also try ice packs on the outside of your cheeks. This will help with the swelling and help with the pain. Click on the links for food idea's.

I hope you feel better soon :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::butterfly:
 
Back
Top