• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

What is the recovery process like after a bone graft/sinus lift for implants?

M

Mackenzie

What is the recovery process like after a bone graft/sinus lift for implants?

Hey everyone,
Now that I am finally old enough (17) to begin the dental implant process I have my bone graft/sinus lift surgery set for next month. I'm just concerned with how long it will take for any swelling, bruising, or pain to subside as I'm a student and do not want to take a lot of days off of school. My appointment is on a Friday and I was thinking that by the time Monday rolled around I would be well enough to face school. However, after reading some stuff online about people that had swelling and bruising for longer than a week as a result of their surgery I've gotten a little worried about my recovery process

I'm also curious to hear about how bad the pain is after the surgery and what type of aftercare is needed, what I'm really worried about is being in a lot of pain and not being able to eat anything while I'm recovering. Also note that not only am I getting the bone grafting done, I'm also getting 20 teeth extracted and getting a flipper as temporary teeth while my mouth heals for 6 months. I know 20 seems like a lot to be taken out but I never lost any baby teeth or developed adult teeth besides some molars so most of my teeth have to be replaced.

I'm also just really worried that getting all of those teeth pulled out plus the surgery will make my recovery time even longer/harder, so I'd appreciate anyone who's had a bone graft done for implants to share their recovery stories; thanks so much in advance

Re: What is the recovery process like after a bone graft/sinus lift for implants?

Hi :welcome: to the forum.

I cannot answer your question but I just wanted to welcome you. I am sure someone will be along soon to help you. GOOD LUCK :clover::clover::clover: :butterfly:

Back