• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

What is this ? I’ve added a picture

  • Thread starter Thread starter Natzuk
  • Start date Start date
N

Natzuk

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 18, 2023
Messages
258
Location
Manchester uk
Hello Gordon . So when I had my teeth taken out I thought everything was okay but I’ve just seen this and it feels like a tiny bit of root ? Is that what it is from this picture? Now am scared because they will pull it out while I’m awake ? 😢 I’ve added the picture
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3427.jpeg
    IMG_3427.jpeg
    193.3 KB · Views: 26
It's probably the boney edge of the socket. Sometimes they can be a bit sharp and can show through as the gum closes over. It'll dissolve down as the socket heals.
 
@Gordon thanks Gordon . So how come it’s taken this long for it too happen as I didn’t feel it before? Had them out august? Been worried all night so thanks for responding.
 
It's just part of the healing process. Remodelling bone isn't a quick thing.
 
Back
Top