• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

what kind of denture materials are available?

P

ponja03

Hi guys

I will have to wear a denture very soon, but I wonder what are the best technologies right now on the market, and pros and cons related to each of them?

What are the best web sites which provide info on the latest and what dental labs in UK are most advanced?

Many thanks

Ponja

Welcome Ponja,
If you haven't seen this already, there is a FAQ here with general information about dentures and links to other support groups with a focus on dentures. I don't have personal experience with dentures but I wish you best.

Ponja,

Welcome to DFC, you are in the right place to discuss your denture experience as you go through it. I hope your dentist and you can find the right kind for you. For me I started with the partial with metal. then I had a remake like 8 years ago and they tried Valplast, I personally did not like it.. to me it was more gaggy and less secure feeling.. I have heard that others like Valplast. If I had to remake I would go with the partial with metal. Just my own experience.. I hope whichever you choose will be the right fit.

Welcome Ponja,
If you haven't seen this already, there is a FAQ here with general information about dentures and links to other support groups with a focus on dentures. I don't have personal experience with dentures but I wish you best.

Thanks, Sol! I fell down that rabbit hole for like 2 hours yesterday! But very informative and helpful ;)

Back