• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

White spot on cheek behind wisdom tooth :(

S

Sparrow

My cancer worries will probably never end. I hadn't checked my mouth recently as my hypochondria-driven brain was hyperfocused on something else, but I thought I'd do a quick scope just now and I checked behind one of my wisdom teeth and on the cheek area behind it where I suppose it rubs quite frequently because it erupted not exactly straight but sort of sideways, is a white spot. It's not the biggest but not exactly pin size either. It's not a patch and it doesn't rub off, it's like the skin itself is white. And it's not between teeth so not a bite mark? Also no such thing on the other side. Obviously this has set off a new panic for me and I don;t know what to do, googling doesn't give much apart from the obvious answers which aren't great. Has anyone else had something similar? I'd post a picture but slightly hesitant in case it sets someone off? Nooot in a good place at the moment :(

It's most likely a bit of hypertrophy of the mucosa, caused by the wisdom tooth rubbing against the cheek tissue, completely harmless and fairly common.
Get it looked at for your peace of mind but I'd put money on that being the cause...

Back