N
NellR
Member
- Joined
- Oct 23, 2020
- Messages
- 24
- Location
- USA
I had treatment for periodontitis about four months ago — whole mouth root scaling and planing, and cavities filled. I‘ve been using the electric toothbrush my dentist recommended since then. My mouth felt fine for a couple months but now my whole mouth hurts almost all the time. The pain isn’t localized to any one (or more) spot. Oddly, if feels *better* when I’m eating, or even just sucking on a mint. Also it doesn’t hurt when I’m lying down. I’m scared to call my dentist as I’m not ready to go through another planing/scaling again ... I have extreme anxiety and had a horrible time getting through all the treatment the first time. Does anyone have any idea what’s going on with me? Could I have some kind of infection? (I’m otherwise pretty physically healthy). Help??
. Could grinding my teeth at night be causing the pain? My dentist was understanding and seemed very competent — it’s not an issue with her. It’s me <sigh>. She was out of ideas for making me more comfortable though. I’m a tough case — her hardest ever, I think she said :/