• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

whoo did it and really happy! - fear of novacaine

C

CMiller

My fear is novacane. I had a bad experience where I felt faint and started shaking uncontrollably, ever since then I'm scared that would happen again.

The other month I took a good dose on anti-anxiety meds and went in for my first non-sedated work (scaling) in years! I did good and was really pleased, no fainting or shakes. Today I just went to get my scaling check and they offered to do the other side on the spot! I could have said no novacaine and just bare any discomfort but I really wanted to again almost "practice" getting it + who wants to be in pain if you don't have to be.

Well, I took just 1 pill vs 3 and I was scared and nervous but I did it and that all that matters! I didn't feel shake or feel faint and when I thought I felt a little funny or thought I might start shaking, I said relax, who cares, and put my mind on something else and the next minute the panic was gone. It's still not easy getting anything done at the dentist but I'm just beyond thrilled that I'm working thru this fear and learning I can get thru it and there's really nothing to be afraid of.

I'm the one who gets myself upset and I'm the one learning to STOP thinking so much and say ahh who cares what's the worst that can happen. and if something did, there are people there to help. but the fact is nothing is gonna happen it's just novacaine and I'm learning to like it!!:) thank God for this site. It's really helped me sooo much work thru my fears and stand up to them. Wooo hooo!!!

CONGRATULATIONS :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: Give yourself a big pat on the back, well done you.

Thank you sooo much! This website is my saving grace. I really appreciated the support, it truly means the world to me!! :)

And I really enjoyed reading your success story, once again. WELL DONE :jump: :jump: :jump:

WHOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOO :yay: :yay: :yay: AS YOU SAID.

THANK YOU. :cloud9:

Back