• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Will crown need to be removed to adjust?

S

sunmonk

I had emergency dental work about a month ago for a broken molar. I got the newer kind of crown - zirconium. I thought maybe I just needed to get used to the new crown, but it really seems kind of obvious like maybe it's too high or something. It just doesn't blend in the way previous crowns have felt. My question is this: does the crown have to be taken off or can it be adjusted while still on the tooth?

The crown does not need to be removed to adjust your bite. Most likely your dentist will have you bite down on some carbon paper so they can see which parts of the crown are too high. The process can be done with or without being numbed depending on how you feel.

the crown won't need to be removed but depending upon how the crown was made (full zirconia or zirconia with a porcelain facing) the adjustment may need to be made on the tooth opposite rather than the rown

Back