A
AlwaysAnxious
Member
- Joined
- Sep 28, 2021
- Messages
- 94
- Location
- Australia
Firstly thank you to the dentists who give their time free on this forum, you are really helping so many of us. Thank you.
I haven’t had the best time with dentists in the past. My canines came in rotated and I was very self conscious. My front teeth had mild fluorosis discolouring so when I tried to whiten them it just made the specks more obvious. Then I got a chip on my front tooth. All this added up to me being hugely self conscious when I smiled. A local dentist said nothing could rotate my canines back. I then went down the cosmetic route and was told I couldn’t have veneers as there was too many differences across my front teeth including my canines. I had only wanted my canines made more aesthetic. (sadly) I was talked into x6 crowns on my front teeth. I didn’t understand what this meant to my natural teeth and blindly went ahead.
The cosmetic dentist shaved my natural teeth down to jagged pegs. Took off way too much. I have been told this by my current dentist.
My question: because every time I need the teeth re-crowned I lose some more natural tooth, will I need to eventually get implants? As there will be no natural tooth left?
I am distraught at this thought.
I haven’t had the best time with dentists in the past. My canines came in rotated and I was very self conscious. My front teeth had mild fluorosis discolouring so when I tried to whiten them it just made the specks more obvious. Then I got a chip on my front tooth. All this added up to me being hugely self conscious when I smiled. A local dentist said nothing could rotate my canines back. I then went down the cosmetic route and was told I couldn’t have veneers as there was too many differences across my front teeth including my canines. I had only wanted my canines made more aesthetic. (sadly) I was talked into x6 crowns on my front teeth. I didn’t understand what this meant to my natural teeth and blindly went ahead.
The cosmetic dentist shaved my natural teeth down to jagged pegs. Took off way too much. I have been told this by my current dentist.
My question: because every time I need the teeth re-crowned I lose some more natural tooth, will I need to eventually get implants? As there will be no natural tooth left?
I am distraught at this thought.