• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Wisdom tooth anesthesia question.

H

Hollythejedi

I'm getting wisdom tooth removed Thursday. I have a question though. My veins are very very deep and they roll and takes my regular Dr like 45 minutes just to find a vein. Will this be a problem? I just got blood work done at my Dr last week and still have bad bruising and all from that. Do you know if they will still do the anesthesia? Also, my blood pressure is always normal. Like 120/83 range but as soon as I go to any kind of appointment my anxiety makes it go high. If it's high will they still do the procedure and put me to sleep? I have a picture for proof that my blood pressure is normal.

I'm getting wisdom tooth removed Thursday. I have a question though. My veins are very very deep and they roll and takes my regular Dr like 45 minutes just to find a vein. Will this be a problem? I just got blood work done at my Dr last week and still have bad bruising and all from that. Do you know if they will still do the anesthesia? Also, my blood pressure is always normal. Like 120/83 range but as soon as I go to any kind of appointment my anxiety makes it go high. If it's high will they still do the procedure and put me to sleep? I have a picture for proof that my blood pressure is normal.

What kind of anesthesia are you hoping to get? I am not an expert on this, but if your bpressure is usually normal and you are healthy you should have no issues being put to sleep. if a difficulty does arise you can always just get local anesthesia and nitrous, no veins required

best of luck!:)

What kind of anesthesia are you hoping to get? I am not an expert on this, but if your bpressure is usually normal and you are healthy you should have no issues being put to sleep. if a difficulty does arise you can always just get local anesthesia and nitrous, no veins required

best of luck!:)

Thank you for the reply! They are doing the in vein anesthesia and being put to sleep. I'm just so worried about my veins. Every time I get my blood drawn I have like 3 people in there pricking me over and over trying to find one.. ?

Back