• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Having one wisdom tooth extracted under LOCAL anesthesia and TERRIFIED!!

Q

quotations

I have my first wisdom tooth extraction on Sunday. Im going to have to be under local anesthesia which TERRIFIES ME. My parent's insurance does not cover the cost so i have to get local anesthesia instead of general. I am already VERY scared and anxious to the point that I can't sleep! I don't want to be awake for the entire procedure and hear all the cracking and hammering and chiseling!! I just want to get it done and quick and not know all the gory details. Im such a sensitive person when it comes to my teeth I get squeamish during teeth cleaning. :frantic::frantic::frantic::frantic::terror:
If anyone can help me feel better about this, please help me !!! :cry:

Re: Having one wisdom tooth extracted under LOCAL anesthesia and TERRIFIED!!

I have my first wisdom tooth extraction on Sunday. Im going to have to be under local anesthesia which TERRIFIES ME. My parent's insurance does not cover the cost so i have to get local anesthesia instead of general. I am already VERY scared and anxious to the point that I can't sleep! I don't want to be awake for the entire procedure and hear all the cracking and hammering and chiseling!! I just want to get it done and quick and not know all the gory details. Im such a sensitive person when it comes to my teeth I get squeamish during teeth cleaning. :frantic::frantic::frantic::frantic::terror:

I guess u already had those teeth extracted by now. But it isnt scary at all. The local ane really makes it numb and painless. Just close your eyes through out the process if youre afraid. And it will over very soon. Just make sure u regulate your breathing and dont be too nervous. And after extraction. Follow surgeons procedure of how to clean you wound. I extracted 3 of them 5 days ago. I believe u did it earlier than me. :)

I had my four wisdom teeth pulled out with only local. I was so numb that when the dentist started pulling out teeth I didn't even notice until she was done with the first one. I had Spotify on my iPhone and I was listening to my playlist, so I wasn't even really paying attention to what she was doing. It's no sweat. You'll be laughing afterwards about how much scarier it seems.

I withnlocrst wisdom tooth extraction on Sunday. Im going to have to be under lo. l anesthesia which TERRIFIES ME. My parent's insurance does not cover the cost so i have to get local anesthesia instead of general. I am already VERY scared and anxious to the point that I can't sleep! I don't want to be awake for the entire procedure and hear all the cracking and hammering and chiseling!! I just want to get it done and quick and not know all the gory details. Im such a sensitive person when it comes to my teeth I get squeamish during teeth cleaning. :frantic::frantic::frantic::frantic::terror:

I also had all four pulled with local only. Post-surgery pain was totally controlled with ibuprofen and tylenol with codeine. I was eating Triscuits and chili later that evening, and went for a hike the next day. No big whoop. Hope your surgery went well if you already had it.

Back