• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Wisdom Tooth Extraction (All 4) with Cyst...scared!

H

hmaryp

Hi Everyone,

I'm so happy to have found this forum. I have a terrible fear of the dentist that has kept me away from them for two years. I now have to have all 4 of my wisdom teeth extracted, and this will be my first form of any kind of surgery. The bottom left side tooth has a large cavity in it. The top right side has its roots wrapped all around the tooth. The top left one is stuck up under my gum and hasn't broken through yet. The bottom right one actually has a cyst behind it...which worries me the most.

I'm having them done under IV Sedation by a very qualified dentist with a RN present. I have confidence in the dentist but I'm so so nervous. I'm even nervous about the sedation part, because I've never been sedated!

I guess any words of wisdom anyone can give me might put my mind at ease. And does anyone happent to know anything about cysts with wisdom teeth?

Thanks!

With a qualified dental team this should go well. I had iv sedation for my wisdom teeth and it was fine. IV sedation is both pleasant and very safe when done by dentists with good training. cyst around a wisdom tooth is not rare often it is sent to the pathologist for proper evaluation

Back