• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Wisdom Tooth Question (Helpppp!)

K

Kytxtie

I've had my bottom two wisdom teeth that have been coming out for about 3 years now. It hasn't been constant, but some flare ups here and there. Recently (the last few days) the wisdom tooth on my left hand side has been flaring up again, and i've been spitting blood every few hours for the last 2 days. It also really hurts. I looked at the inside of my mouth about a few minutes ago and it looks like it's either ripping more or might be infected?

I made an appointment for the oral surgeon finally (since my insurance now covers me for one), and i have an appointment for June 9th.

I'm really scared that i might have an infection, but i just don't know how to tell since i am no tooth expert.

So, my question is;

Has anyone here ever had the problem that i am describing or something close to it? If so, is there anything i can do to stop the bleeding for the meantime? Or from the way i'm describing my problem can someone tell me if it's an infection?

Thank you
:(

If it really hurts, then yes, you have and infection. Usually if a wisdom tooth is causing the problem, it's also quite stiff and sore to open your mouth. A short course of antibiotics from your doctor or dentist would be a good idea until you get to the surgeon.

Back