• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Zoom Whitening

F

fearofdentist

I've been to the dentist today to ask about zoom whitening, and they say they do not do this as it is not the recommended way to whiten teeth, however they said it may work for me.

What have been the experiences of other people who have had this done, I hear they have to protect the gums.

Is it safe? Is there a risk in having this done or not? Can it affect sensitivity and could bleeching burn gums / mouth?

I'd rather do it slowly with trays than use something like Zoom, if it was me. Are you in a desperate hurry for it for some reason? Wedding?

I'm not in a hurry as such, I've waited 30 odd years before going to a dentist, but I'm now looking into orthodontics and would like to get them white before they fit any braces.

If you're planning to go through orthodontics I would wait until the ortho treatment is complete before stepping into cosmetics.

I just want them to be white, they are rather yellow at the moment, before having braces done as once they have been fitted I wont get the chance again.

If necessary I'd probably have it done again after treatment, which I understand it can be up to 2 years.

Back