- The International Society for Dental Anxiety Management facebook group aims to bring together all psychological, pharmacological, clinical, and technological techniques utilised in helping people overcome their fears and phobias. You can also join the group here: ISDAM facebook group.
- The Society for the Advancement of Anaesthesia in Dentistry (SAAD) is a U.K.-based dental charity dedicated to the advancement of knowledge in pain and anxiety control for dentistry. It provides postgraduate education by running courses encouraging the safe provision of conscious sedation for dentistry, for both dentists and dental nurses. Membership of the society is open to any registered medical or dental practitioner, dental nurse or dental therapist.
- The Dental Sedation Teachers Group is a mainly hospital based group, which provides a forum for all individuals who are interested in the teaching of conscious sedation in dentistry. The membership includes dental and medical practitioners and nurses from academia, hospital, community and general practice.
- Become a wizard with your Wand – Dental Sky, the distributors of the Wand in the UK, are offering hands-on training courses at various locations in the UK throughout the year. For more information, visit their eventbrite page: Dental Sky – Wand/STA courses
- Dental Sedation and Pain Management: UCL Eastman Dental Institute in London offers this part-time, one year postgraduate certificate programme in standard sedation techniques. The programme is delivered through lectures, clinical skills seminars, problem-based learning and supervised clinical sessions sedating patients. Students also receive simulation training in the management of medical emergencies. Teaching takes place in two blocks during May and November of each year. In between these blocks, students undertake clinical/practical training in clinics in and around London. To find out more, visit www.ucl.ac.uk/eastman/study/dental-sedation.
- Richard Charon runs very popular relative analgesia courses in the UK. For more information, click here.
- The British Society of Medical and Dental Hypnosis (Scotland) offers a Certificated Training Course in Clinical Uses of Hypnosis for Doctors and Dentists. The course runs over 2 weekends in November and December in Glasgow. Total cost: £480, to include all teas/coffees and buffet lunch. Click here for more information.
- The Society for the Advancement of Anaesthesia in Dentistry (SAAD) offers 2-day weekend sedation courses in London for both dentists and nurses (3 times yearly), as well as inhalation sedation courses for dental therapists/hygienists (once a year). For more information, click here.
- Yorkshire Sedation Training: Adam Glassford and Geoff Baggaley provide training for the dental team in intravenous sedation, including twice yearly beginner sedation courses. For more information, click here.
- Sedation Training Courses in Northwest England: Roy Bennett of mellowdental.co.uk provides both in-house tailored training in IV sedation for your specific practice and off-site training days in Liverpool. For more information, click here.
- Tools and Techniques for Reducing Dental Anxiety – British Dental Association: This half-hour webcast (vCPD) explores psychological techniques for alleviating the anxiety of dental patients.For more information, click here.
Add a course or an organisation
If you know of any other relevant organisations or courses of interest, please contact us with the details! These can include courses related to dental anxiety management, local anaesthesia technique, or sedation.