• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

10 days post op extraction very nervous

S

Shoegal30

Just had a top molor pulled on December 29th, so I'm about 10 days in. No pain there, no redness or swelling and socket seems to be filling in & closing, however I'm getting this white/ light yellow stuff coming out of well building up in the socket. Has no smell, I have no fever nor any pain or swelling. Just saw oral surgeon and he said it's healing great however I was able to look in there myself today and noticed this stuff. Wondering if anyone else might know what this is?????

If you’re not in pain and the dentist said it looks good, it’s most likely either a little bit of food stuck there (it will work itself out) or granulation tissue which is a very normal sign of healing.

Just had a top molor pulled on December 29th, so I'm about 10 days in. No pain there, no redness or swelling and socket seems to be filling in & closing, however I'm getting this white/ light yellow stuff coming out of well building up in the socket. Has no smell, I have no fever nor any pain or swelling. Just saw oral surgeon and he said it's healing great however I was able to look in there myself today and noticed this stuff. Wondering if anyone else might know what this is?????

Give the dentist office a call and explain what you see. They are much better able to tell you what it could be than any person here, or they may want to have another look to be sure all is well.

Back