R
Roxy
Junior member
- Joined
- Jan 30, 2006
- Messages
- 14
Hi,
I'm new to this board and it was so great finding it!
I need a root canal done on my upper right side on the 4th tooth back, the one right after the eye tooth. The one after that I was told by a specialist has deep roots that I may have problems with later because they are going into my sinus cavities. -The rest of the teeth after that one have been pulled.
Which by the way, any of the teeth I have had pulled I was put to sleep for. Anyhow, the 4th tooth that needs a root canal the specialist said is pretty much dead, nothing in it. Not sure what he meant by that though. I still feel pain from it, esp with cold stuff or hot. My root canal is scheduled for the 7th of Feb.
I posted on another section of this about Xanax (the hour before anxiety pill the dentist suggest to me) and my questions on that. My question here is, are root canals painful??? Honesty please. I take it mine has no infection because they never talked about draining it first. How long does it usually take to do this? Does just nophacane make it so you can't feel a root canal being done or will you still feel some of the pain?? As I said, I posted a question else where about Xanax or gas. I'm not sure which to use yet though. I have my worries about the Xanax since I have a heart murmur and I don't know how that would effect it and I have never had gas before in my life. -I keep thinking I'll end up either still feeling the pain on gas or getting sick from it, or saying strange things to the Dr.!! Would so appreciate hearing from anyone out there.
Thanks
Roxy
I'm new to this board and it was so great finding it!
I need a root canal done on my upper right side on the 4th tooth back, the one right after the eye tooth. The one after that I was told by a specialist has deep roots that I may have problems with later because they are going into my sinus cavities. -The rest of the teeth after that one have been pulled.
Which by the way, any of the teeth I have had pulled I was put to sleep for. Anyhow, the 4th tooth that needs a root canal the specialist said is pretty much dead, nothing in it. Not sure what he meant by that though. I still feel pain from it, esp with cold stuff or hot. My root canal is scheduled for the 7th of Feb.
I posted on another section of this about Xanax (the hour before anxiety pill the dentist suggest to me) and my questions on that. My question here is, are root canals painful??? Honesty please. I take it mine has no infection because they never talked about draining it first. How long does it usually take to do this? Does just nophacane make it so you can't feel a root canal being done or will you still feel some of the pain?? As I said, I posted a question else where about Xanax or gas. I'm not sure which to use yet though. I have my worries about the Xanax since I have a heart murmur and I don't know how that would effect it and I have never had gas before in my life. -I keep thinking I'll end up either still feeling the pain on gas or getting sick from it, or saying strange things to the Dr.!! Would so appreciate hearing from anyone out there.
Thanks
Roxy
I had my 1st root canal last month, thankfully for me I didn't have to much time to think about it as the dentist said "are you ready to have it root canaled today?
Yes I panicked, but it wasn't bad at all. Just like having a filling, but it took a little longer. He made sure I was really numb before he started and I didn't feel any pain. I has slight discomfort over the next couple of days, but he gave me medicine for that. All in all not at all what I thought it would be like. Hope this helps and best of luck
![Hugging [smiley=hugging.gif] [smiley=hugging.gif]](/forum/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/dfcsmilies/hugging.gif)
![Group Hug [smiley=grouphug.gif] [smiley=grouphug.gif]](/forum/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/dfcsmilies/grouphug.gif)

Isn't it a great relief to have it over? It's good to hear that you don't have any residual pain- I was quite sore for about 4 days, but that could have been leftover swelling from the infection I had in my tooth, which was quite bad.