• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Finished my 1st and second stage of root canal. Got a few questions.

M

MechSauce

so last saturady, i went to the dentist and got my first stage of root canal.. today i have just got out of dentist.. and just got my 2nd temp filling.. but this time the dentist took out all nerve iirc, and put something in the root canal. looks like tooth picks.. ( i was numb but it felt like the dentist was sticking something then the dentist was scraping/wiggling )

dentist also wants me to go back in 2 weeks or next week to get a temperament filling..

how many days do i have to recover before i could smoke, drink coffee, vape as usual again?
Screenshot_2017-03-04-19-47-56.jpg

here is the picture, im wondering why is there a black dot that seems to be a hole? http://imgur.com/a/DWpuu

also when i try to close my mouth and jaw, i can feel the temp filling being push inside a bit more, its an odd feeling..

ty!

The temporary filling might be slightly high and it feels like the first tooth you are hitting first. If this is the case then you should have this adjusted before you put too much pressure and break the tooth.

Normally the gum can be a bit tender for a few days. Best to avoid chewing on it for a few weeks to avoid aggravating it.

The temporary filling might be slightly high and it feels like the first tooth you are hitting first. If this is the case then you should have this adjusted before you put too much pressure and break the tooth.

Normally the gum can be a bit tender for a few days. Best to avoid chewing on it for a few weeks to avoid aggravating it.

would it be safe to smoke as usually?

Back