• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

2 molars on right side getting extracted with bone graft

  • Thread starter Thread starter Colleenadele
  • Start date Start date
Colleenadele

Colleenadele

Junior member
Joined
Nov 9, 2024
Messages
10
Location
Florida
I have a huge phobia since childhood so going has always been so hard for me. Of course I make my kid go then she throws it back at me when I need to go. I laugh and say I care about your wellbeing more than mine.. But couldn’t put it off anymore because the first upper molar broke with some filling left from childhood. He said he wants to take both molars and do a bone graft to preserve my bones I guess and Incase in the future I can afford an implant.. I’m worried if it’s a difficult procedure taking the teeth and the bone graft. I chose iv sedation and paid out of pocket for that.. Do I have anything to worry about? Is it an easy procedure? Will having the first molar removed ruin my smile? I keep checking to see if I can even see that one when I smile..
 
Not sure exactly what you want to know? IV sedation is well covered here:


Extractions are usually pretty straightforward, it's usually the second type of treatment (after scaling and polishing) that dental students are taught to do :-)
The bone graft bit is pretty trivial compared to everything else...

No losing the first molar won't ruin your smile.
 
Thank you so much
 
How did your extractions go? How’s the smile now?
 
Back
Top