• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

A 'hello' and some words of appreciation

M

m_r

Howdy folks -

I found this forum a couple of months ago - never posted here, but it inspired me to take action.

Did some digging online and found some holistic-focused dentists to check out here in Toronto.

I had not been to a dentist in over 10 years, and my previous dental interactions prior to that had resulted in me having 13 amalgam fillings. Things are not in very good shape.

When I realized that amalgam fillings may potentially cause side effects in some people, I was already experiencing a myriad of health issues, and was in debt on my way to homelessness.

Had a lot of resentment toward dentists and the dental industry, but this world is a wacky place and I have learned to forgive what appears to be pretty colossal ignorance on my former dental care providers.

Fast forward 10 years - I have myself in a situation where I am finally in a position to take action.

It looks like it's gonna be a long year, but I found a good dose of psychological support reading through here.

My first blast of major work begins on April 23, and then we are gonna start getting all the amalgam fillings out.

Just wanted to say thanks to everybody for your candidness and sharing.

It truly makes a difference.

Peace

Last edited by a moderator:
:welcome: to the forum.

I am pleased we were able to help you gain the confidence to attend a dentist and arrange for treatment you need doing. I hope you will be able to post here and let us know how you get on with your appointments.

Good luck :clover::clover::clover:

Back