• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

? about leaving dentures out at night & diff adhesives

C

carjulrob4125

okay so tomorrow it will be one week since I had all of my teeth extracted and immediate dentures placed.(At the young age of 29 y/o) I have had very minimal swelling and no complications other than a few sores(which are dealing) from the dentures rubbing(which is typical) I have been very blessed with the fact that everything has went so well. Don't get me wrong I have had some issues(mostly emotional and a little pain).
now to my questions

I know with immediates you are supposed to leave them in at night for a while but my aftercare instructions did not specify when you can start leaving them out overnight. I have had my dentures in constantly except to take them out for the rinses and clean them and think my gums could really use a night off. lol My sutures(which are disolveable) are very loose and quite a few have come out. Any advise would be welcome :)

Also if anyone has any advise on what adhesives have worked the best for them let me know since I can start using them soon. My dentist told me I could use a small amt on the roof of my upper to help hold it in until I heal but I'm not sure which kind I should use. I know everyone is different but if anyone who has had immediates has a favorite that has worked well for them let me know.
Thanks for reading
Those are my questions for now. But I am open to talking so if anyone has any questions for me please feel free to ask :)

Glad to hear things are going ok for you.
I left mine out overnight after about 5 nights of having them in all the time - it was heaven.
Sounds about right for the sutures to be dissolving and coming out now.
I have never used adhesives so hopefully someone who has will advise.
You have done very well, it will be worth it.

I was told I could leave them out after 2 days but I used to take them out for an hour or so during the day and left them in over night for my brain/ mouth to get used to them for 4 nights , you sound like you are doing really well :jump: I can't stand adhesive but hopefully someone will pass on their experiences of it. :clover: Good luck with it all!
D.J:whirl:

Back