• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Abscess drainage question

  • Thread starter Thread starter Downinthedumps
  • Start date Start date
D

Downinthedumps

Junior member
Joined
Dec 11, 2018
Messages
3
Location
USA
I’ve been looking for an answer to this question on the site but cannot find my answer. I have a broken tooth (back upper molar) on cusp is completely gone. It’s heat sensitive, hurts to bite down and to bend over.

I have no pimple on my gums or palate, no fistula. Yesterday I had a sharp pain in the tooth after making a movement like sucking my cheeks in from eating something sour. There was some blood after this, the pressure sensation is now gone.

My main question is can an abscess drain through the cavity? Instead of the root tip? Thanks for reading
 
Back
Top